Monday, March 5, 2012

From a Waitress's Perspective | Opinion

I stumbled across this article today, and I strongly agree with it. As a student, I have spent many vacations waitressing at local restaurants when I am at home. At a waiter/waitress you work shoddy hours and your pay is even shoddier. At some establishments, staff aren't even paid a fixed salary and are relying solely on your gratuity. Next time you eat out, spare a thought for the people who serve you. When you're budgeting money to go out and have a meal, make sure you factor in enough to pay a decent tip. Trust me, there is nothing worse than bending over backwards to give great service and not get a cent in return.

Check it out for yourself: http://www.chacha.com/topic/restaurant/gallery/3032/world-s-worst-tippers

No comments:

Post a Comment